More fun with thieves.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eby42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well folks, looks like my number was up.

I was burglarized the night before last, and lost 9 rifles (all bolt action) worth a nontrivial amount of money, a few of which were family heirlooms with enormous sentimental value that absolutely cannot be replaced.

Never let your guard down, folks. They caught me at JUST the right time. We were in the middle of moving, and in spite of the fact we left a car there and lights on every night and were in and out all day, somebody noticed we hadn't been staying the night at our old house the last couple of days.

They had all night to take their time, find a window left unlocked by repair people, get in, pry open my locking cabinet, and move the stuff they wanted out. I have filed a police report, and now have a suspect (a neighbor who was even a hunter and shooter and who I really would have trusted) that I'm going to follow up with the OKCPD about.

I'm not sure who I hate more at the moment...the thieves for doing this, or myself for presenting them with an opportunity.

I know the chances are always slim, but if folks would keep an eye out for some of the following items I'll be grateful. Serial numbers in parenthesis for the ones I have handy..everything is a mess from moving and I can't find where I wrote the others down at the moment. :grumble:

Marlin MR-7 w/Bushnell scope and leather sling (4005133)
Savage Model 10FP (G947193)
Mossberg Bolt-Action 22 s/l/lr w/leather sling
Mosin Nagant M44
Mosin Nagant M91/59 (402326)
Mauser Preduzece 44 mod.98
Mauser Model 1938 Turkish (177229)
Lee Enfield no 4 mk1 (F)
Mauser Modelo 1891 Argentine (P4217)

Thanks. :ugh2:

edit: and the misspelling is locked into the thread title. now i'm violated and ignernt

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it man. Good luck with it. Don't lose all hope, especially if you have serial numbers. My dad managed to recover a Marlin 336 years after it was stolen.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't hate yourself man, it's easy to get caught up in the hectic process of moving. You can only be so careful and can't prevent every bad thing from happening.

It doesn't matter if you left your doors and windows wide open at night, NOTHING gives these scumbags the right to come in and cherry pick what they choose.

Good luck in the recovery.

6shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh man that sucks. What is bad is if it's turns out to be your neighbor who you trusted. Really hope things turn out for you and you can get if not all, most of your stuff back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom