More Old vs New

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not much of a fashionista. I get most of my clothes from WalMart or Tractor Supply. Uncle Sam cut my long hair in 1979 and told me to wear it that way so I do. I find it amazing how so many things that were old-style and that are frequently a target of ridicule from the younger generations are suddenly back in vogue.

The wife and I stopped into Boot Barn in Ada yesterday, mostly because we'd never been in since we moved here. I kinda like a nice pair of boots about every 30 years whether I need 'em or not. I was astounded by some of the women's clothing...

It looked like Austin Powers' closet exploded in their women's clothing section. Had a very funny chat with the nice, not-quite-as-old-as-me lady working there and talking about how things change but eventually come full circle. A young 20-something was looking at some pants with gigantically huge bell-bottoms and commented that she loved the new style. I openly laughed at what she said but she didn't see the humor. I had to explain to her that this trend was hardly new...as a matter of fact it was almost as old as my wife and I are. She actually had no idea people in the 60s and 70s wore "cool" clothes like that.

Things that make you say, "Wow..." These pants look like the upholstery on a Victorian-era wing-back chair and look to be sized for the girl with some serious junk in her trunk.

20221211_162256.jpg

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
^^ When was the last time you were in a Boot Barn? Because the Boot Barn in Ada is apparently a pretty trendy store. And I wasn't there looking for the latest fashions. Just making an observation about how something else old is new again. And according to what I saw online and from talking to some ladies who know, these are EXACTLY the hottest and latest fashions.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang! I remember wearing bell bottoms (the mens style ones) in the mid 70's, and I even had a pair of blue suede shoes.

When I really want to freak out myself, I look at some pics of me wearing Leisure Suits way back then. Yikes!

However, I will take the 5th amendment when being asked about Disco Dancing.

LOL.

But seriously, I was just talked to one of my old geezer friends, who are ironically the same age as myself, about this topic, sort of. We mentioned Turtle Neck sweaters, clod hopper boots, oh yeah how about Bell Sleeves on your shirt?

I had a really nice leather jacket (not suede, the rough side of the leather, with fringe, it was most definitely the style at the time, very much a Western cut.

I love my Western (cowboy) shirts, with 2 chest pockets and snaps. Have yall seen the ones now with magnetic snap things instead of the traditional snaps?

Latest posts

Top Bottom