Morning Goose Hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Almost got a limit of geese with my brothers this morning. Ended up with 8 and 1 wigeon. Weather was warmer than we thought. Had a good spot but most of the shots were pretty long.
ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_IMG_0895.jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like a good hunt.My son and i sat up for geese and only saw one flock.A couple of buddies sat up for ducks on a frozen pond about 400 yards away.They were banging away all morning.They got 13 and none of them are the best shots.The ducks were still landing on the ice at noon.

stymie001

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well, I saw no geese this morning but I too sat on a frozen pond. I saw alot of ducks and took a couple. 1 mallard hen and a spoon bill. I wish I was a better shotgun shooter, but for my first duck hunt, I was pleased.

corbinlee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great hunts guys,
Stymie that is a Gadwall Drake. We too shot a few this AM
Group of 4 of us hunted a frozen hole and we got 10 total and saw a ton on a bigger pond that was only half frozen, wished we were hunting that pond.
Lots of ducks in the air this morn.
Dustin

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good goose hunting. I had some buddies that were hunting this morning on a wheat field. They sat up 14 dozen goose decoys and 2 dozen duck decoys. They had there limit of mallards by 930. Geese were starting to come in about that time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom