Mossberg 151m (b) 22 LR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie0831

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my mothers Mossberg when she passed. It has been under her bed wrapped in a towel for approx. 25 years. I took it to the range yesterday to try it out. I had cleaned the barrel and moving parts that could be reached from the outside. First it would not load but 5 shots at a time, either the spring in the stock rod is stuck or ????. Next when I could get it to chamber a round it would fire fine and eject, but would not chamber another. Does anyone have a manual that tells how to disassemble for cleaning? I have searched the net for such but no luck. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Steve

Hooker

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Steve the 151M is an easy disassemble there is nothing complicated or tricky about them. They are bad about building up a lot of crud at the end of the outer magazine tube where the bolt picks up the cartridge. The inner tube is most likely gummed up in side from sitting so long. Flush it out with some gun scrubber or carb cleaner and then lightly lube the follower. Gun Parts should have an exploded view on their web site. Does the gun still have all three sites with it?

Pat

Latest posts

Top Bottom