Mossberg 930...what are your thoughts/experiences?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking to get an autoloader shotgun for general hunting use and have my eyes set on a mossberg 930. Wondering if anyone local has any experiences to share about the gun?

Any reasons I shouldn't buy one?

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is gas operated. For the money, I'd seriously look at the Stoeger M2000. Stoeger is Beretta/Benelli owned, uses the same inertial system, has a heavier walled barrel than either the M1/M3 or the 1200 series, and runs around $500.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shootin 4 fun has let several of us play with his 930spx and it runs like a champ, but it has also been back to mossberg twice to get it to run the low brass 1 oz target loads.

My wife bought me a 930 spx and I haven't had a chance to run it yet, gonna run 2 boxes of high brass through it to break it in per the recommendations I have seen and then we will see if runs low brass or if I have to start complaining to mossberg.

The recoil is insanely easy on the shoulder with the gas operated 930. It's soft as butter on the shoulder with the low brass target stuff.

theonetrucheese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i tried out one of the 930 spx guns and really liked it, ran 1 tube of slugs, 00buck, and one tube of assorted 7 1/2 target...ate all of them just fine, just couldnt justify having another tac shotty. my 590a1 is good enough for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom