Motorcycle riders, use your helmets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, in the last week or so, seems like everyone with a motorcycle is back out on the road again. In the last 2 days, I've seen or had contact with:

A teenager riding a sportbike down our highway in shorts/ tank top shirt (no helmet) and a little kid on the back (Also without helmet)

A young guy gunned his throttle as he approached a yelllow light/ left turn signal, then stomp the rear brake and lock it up, skidding sideways to a halt. He lost control, dropped the bike over on it's side until the footboard hit ground. He was able to recover and pull it upright as he settled down, finally letting the clutch lever go and lurched forward again, stalling the motor. No helmet, but a nice and shiny HD Softail.

A guy lost control, ran off the road, kept it kinda upright for over 600 ft of dirt/ grass, struck a culvert and flew another 60+ feet. Earned a helicopter ride to OKC. No helmet.

So, fellow riders, Use your big head, ride safe and strongly consider the use of a helmet. Granted, in OK it's a choice, but many riders choose to not wear one only because of "Biker Culture" or trying to be cool when riding up to other bikers.

Last edited:

AGI

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I only ride with my gear...Helmet, summer jacket and gloves. Busted my a$$ once without wearing anything and I learned real quick that road rash aint fun!

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I will not leave the house without my helmet etc. But I learned a long time ago you can't control the stupid actions of others, ride safe and let the 'tards hurt themselves.

Although even I admit the kiddo on the back irks me.

cpd23

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked EMS for several years and learned that the proper riding gear is really cheap insurance. Never leave home with out it.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wear my helmet and my armored summer jacket any time I get on the bike. So does the Mrs. And I try to wear my riding gloves, but when it is 90+ out it gets dang hot in 'em.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A teenager riding a sportbike down our highway in shorts/ tank top shirt (no helmet) and a little kid on the back (Also without helmet)

It IS against the law for anyone under 18 to ride without a helmet.
I would have promtly used my portable communications device to notify the proper authorities.

Reaction score
They don't call 'em donorcycles for nothing. As for a grown adult choosing to not wear a helmet, just Darwin at work, I suppose. As noted, the law requires the kids to wear helmets. Their parents and the law needs to deliever a supreme arse-whupping on them if they break it. I wish you guys luck. I don't ride anymore. I may again someday, but kinda doubt it.

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good advice and it's always good to get a reminder. I would like to ask people who aren't on bikes to be mindful that there are bikes out now. I have seen a great many dumb things done by people in their cars who have almost run me off the road. Also, watch your speed, all of the Motorcycle Cops are out in full force.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom