Motorcycle riders, use your helmets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesn't matter if you crash going 180. ;)

Do you ride a motorcycle? if not gtfo, you have nothing in common here. I get it, you are afraid of speed, you don't understand it and there for you talk trash about something you don't understand. That's very similar to those that don't understand guns and blame every shooting on guns.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you ride a motorcycle? if not gtfo, you have nothing in common here. I get it, you are afraid of speed, you don't understand it and there for you talk trash about something you don't understand. That's very similar to those that don't understand guns and blame every shooting on guns.

Sorry, I thought this was a public forum.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have seen two wrecks in the past 3 months. I was at the corner of Macarthur and Reno, when a guy on a Harley ran the stop light and T-boned a car. He was very lucky and went over the hood and not into the door. About 3 weeks ago, I was on 240 and a guy came around me way too fast and could not shut down. He ran into the back of a pick-up that was going about 20mph. Everyone was slowing down for the I-35 ramp. Him and the bike flew into my lane. I parked my truck at an angle blocking two lanes "people loved that", so that he would not get ran over by a car. He was hurt pretty bad, but lucky not to be dead. You just need to be extra safe on a bike.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been riding motorcycles for over 40 years. I have known riders who didn't wear helmets die in crashes and I have also known riders who didn't wear them that crashed and lived (some with minor injuries). I have known riders who wore helmets that died in crashes and I have also known riders who wore helmets that survived crashes. A helmet does not make a rider bulletproof as it really depends on how the rider goes down. A motorcycle is dangerous to ride no matter what you wear. Does a helmet add some safety and protection....yes, but too many riders need better riding skills and to not drive while impaired so they don't have that accident in the first place.

swoklagunner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We lost a young man in our area this morning. He left the roadway, was thrown from the bike into a stop sign. He was not wearing a helmet and did not survive the accident. I was mowing this afternoon and witnessed a guy riding a street bike with a young child, maybe 3 years old, sitting in front of him on the tank, no helmet. I decided when I do and don't wear a helmet, and I will admit that I should wear it EVERY time I ride. However, a young child doesn't get to make the decision for him/herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom