Musicians you like..but aren't played on mainstream radio.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I gave up on terrestrial radio years ago, so I don't know if any of my music is played on the radio. In the truck, I'm usually listening to podcasts or audiobooks, but I have a Windows 8.1 tablet running the XBox Music app. Its playlists are (oddly, IMHO) limited to 1000 songs, so I only have a fraction of my collection in the current one, but it includes:
Allan Sherman
a lot of Asleep at the Wheel
B.B. King
The Bangles
The Bellamy Brothers
Bill Anderson
A lot of Bob Wills
Bobby Darin
Bonnie Raitt
Booker T. and the MGs
BR5-49
Charley Pride
CDB
Cherryholmes
Chet Atkins & Mark Knopfler
Chris LeDoux
Chuck Berry
CCR
Dale Ann Bradley
Dan Roberts
Dave Brubeck
Dean Martin
Del McCoury
Dire Straits
Don Edwards
The Doors
Eddie Money
Eddie Rabbitt
Eddy Raven
Ernest Tubb
The Fabulous Thunderbirds
Faron Young
Gaelic Storm
George Jones
Glenn Miller
Hank Thompson
Hank Jr
Hoagy Carmichael
Hugh Laurie
Jack Lemmon
Jim Croce
a lot of Jimmy Buffett
Red Steagall
The Time Jumpers
Stevie Wonder

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive been spending a lot of time in Denver the last couple of years helping a friend when I have time away from my own projects with his gear and with recording/tracking guitar demos for all of his various projects. The scene there, for what I love to listen to and to play is so badazz right now, literally hundreds of great bands either living there and or coming there to play. I would move to Denver just for the music scene if I was younger with no responsibilities. One of my buddies current projects is called 'Luna Sol' and it is fronted by Dave Angstrom, a guitarist and vocalist who started out in Supafuzz, Black cat Bone, then Kyuss and later Hermano and some other bands now he's in this band with my buddy. They just got signed to a label. If you listen to stoner, doom, desert, rock&metal, etc you would like them, look for them to be getting a record out soon and see them on some bills this spring.

Swab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jason Boland
Cross Canadian Ragweed
Wade Bowen
Reckless Kelly
Mickey and the Motorcars

Basically any red dirt. Absolutely cannot stand artists like colt ford, hank 3, etc.

Sent from the land of teepee's and buffaloes

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Amon Amarth

Sometimes I wish radio stations would get away from overplaying those 1-3 top hits by artists, and rotate in the rest of their work....

I'd be happy with that.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Amon Amarth

Sometimes I wish radio stations would get away from overplaying those 1-3 top hits by artists, and rotate in the rest of their work....

I'd be happy with that.
^^^^ great choice, a fave of mine.

A friend that was doing an extreme metal show after midnight at a small college radio station, Rogers State U in Claremore, is now living in Moore and just recently was able to get on at the KATT. It would be cool if they utilized his talents with metal to do some type of program other than the top hits crap they make him play, I know for a fact that he is very frustrated with what he has to play for folks but he has to put up with it as he was lucky to even get his foot in the door at a local OKC station after moving to Moore after marrying a local girl. Listen for Turbo on the KATT, he's a metal and hardcore guy all the way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom