Muskogee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MB1008

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chet's Hotdogs, Maylon's BBQ, My Place BBQ, Pisano's Pizza, and Hamlins Mexican are among my favorites. Hamlins has great soft tacos and their red and white salsa's are great (on chips and the tacos). The BBQ places... everything is good. Chet's is just a great hot dog. Pisano's has the best calzone and the only 'alpine' pizza I've ever had.

There is a place called Okie's (maybe the Water'n hole now or something like that) that is kind of hit or miss. When it's good, it's good. But when it's bad..... : (

There is a nice place called Miss Addie's that is a little more upscale and has great dinner entree's. I've never been let down here. Tortilla soup is a great side if they still have it.

Speedway Grill is a great place for a burger.

I'll let you know if I think of any more. I lived there for 20+ years and these are the places that I would eat if I went back.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depending on what you get at Hamlin's, some of it may seem 'TV dinner'ish' though I only ever get the soft tacos.

IMO, when Hamlins was the only game in town like 40 years ago when I move here, it was OK. Only thing I missed now is thier chips and white sauce. My Place is good BBQ, Pisano's = reasonable prices and good pizza and China King on Shawnee is worthwhile. I don't think anything is outstanding in Muskogee.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Place BBQ is outstanding BBQ. Especially the west side on Okmulgee. Beacon Drive in is a good old school drive in restaurant. Its cash only though. Like Chard said, nothing in Muskogee is all that outstanding. But I completely disagree, Hamlin's is just plain nasty. Dont' waste your time. Your best bet is My Place. I absolutely love that place.

crazyfish

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Go straight north of town to the little Amish store. They have a little restaurant in there that has killer home cooking style food....meat loaf...pot roast...

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Chavas Mexican restaurant over on 32nd st. (69hwy) is my favorite Mexican in Muskogee, beats Hamlin's all to heck. The My Place buffet over on the east side is also a good one, the sliced beef is great. And another good buffet is right across the river in Ft. Gibson at Charlie's Chicken. It's only at lunch and dinner, but hard to beat for the money, especially on Friday nights with all the catfish and shrimp. For Italian, Gino's over on York street is pretty good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom