There's gonna be a gal joining us in a few days ... I hope ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We can't wait to see ya,
Miss gun totin' TIA!!!
Good Luck and Condolences to the new member. Muscogee (originally) is still alive and dying. (excuse my contradictory truths) Dodge City? Tombstone? Deadwood? Neither of these ain't got sh_t on Muscogee. People were killed so fast, there wasn't time to record and make history of it. It was truly a terminus town for many as an end of the line rail town. Carrie Underwood, a survivor of the Muscogee Territory, was born there. That may be the only time the sun shined in Muscogee.
Good reading below!
https://truewestmagazine.com/article/the-wildest-town-in-indian-territory/

Last edited:

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I lived in Muskogee most of my life, until moving to OKC in 2013. It was a great place to live until around 1990-2000. The city was built by several families that for decades loved the city and invested in the city. There was a good amount of industry, etc. THEN, a new generation of those families came along and decided it was better to consume the wealth left to them instead of following the precedent of those before them. The most recent mayor did a great job of beginning a revival of the community and things were looking good. However, the new mayor, just recently elected, is one of the “Consumers”. His family, for several generations, were instrumental in many growth initiatives over the years. This fellow is nothing like that. There are many great folks living there and except for the downtown area, and area to the west of downtown, it is still a good place to live, good schools, good churches, good neighborhoods, but without some new employers, it will continue falling.

If we were to move back there, I would suggest living in Ft. Gibson.

Oh, and Carrie Underwood is from Checotah, about 15-20 miles south of Muskogee.

Tom Coburn was from Muskogee, but so was was Mike Synar.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Y'all be nice to her.

And just to get the ball rolling, she's needing to know about the Muskogee area -- good places to live, places to avoid, that kind of stuff.

I'll let her share as much (or as little) as she'd like with you yahoos ...

Like I said ...

BE NICE!! (And TIA! 😘)
By reading just the title, I thought you were pregnant and having a girl.......

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I rang your doorbell. I was covering the driver that works your area for the day. I didn't know if grumpy was sleeping or not, so I didn't want be too loud, lol!

Oh man!! I gotta get that doorbell fixed!! Sorry I missed ya!

Guess the knees are feeling good?? Or at least gooder?? (I don't care if Grumpy gets woke up or not. 😉😂) I'm glad you were able to go back to being a productive member of society and stop being a deadbeat on the company dime. 😉😂😂😂🙍

Latest posts

Top Bottom