Must see Documentaries/movies (not blockbusters)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a doc, but Beasts of no Nation on Netflix was an amazing story based on true life...

Well that was intense. My old lady worked at a refugee camp in Ghana for a bit with a bunch of former child soldiers. Hard to wrap one's head around the concept.

Idris Elba is did a great job there.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Elba should be nominated for an Oscar for that performance.

Definitely shows us that most of the stuff we ***** about is minor...

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dear Zachary: A Letter To A Son About His Father

Probably the single best documentary I have ever seen. I don't want to link to Wiki or IMDB because it's best to go into it blind. It's masterfully produced and edited, and just be warned you will probably cry and/or be emotionally shook for days after watching it.

I cried like a teenaged emo boi at that one. I agree that it is pretty profound.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When a documentary is made I have to ask who made it and why? Often they are slanted to their particular beliefs and have a shock effect to drive their point home. There are good ones but when certain organizations or people front them with their money I don't turn the other cheek, I turn them off. Do we want to watch a documentary that Obama paid for with our tax dollars? Chances are that is is biased, racial and designed to divide and pit one ethic group against another. But, there are good documentaries which are historically accurate and very interesting.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bomb Patrol Afghanistan

It was on tv a few years ago, I think on G4 channel. Im sure its available on YT or somewhere online. Had about 15 or so episodes about EOD searching for, disarming, and destroying IED's and other bomb materials they found.

Latest posts

Top Bottom