My first pigs!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Penismightier and myself decided to drive over to Fairfax to pick up his trail cam. We were forced to hike a mile due to the very muddy road. We were NOT looking to shoot anything, I just brought my AR along with me in case we saw a coyote.

About half way to the cam, note that we were talking and LOL'n, VERY LOUD, I spot a something staring at me. I tell Penis to stop, he looks up and says, "It's a pig!" I sight in and BAM!, one shot and it drops. We rush over, and about half way we tell each other to keep their eyes open for others. After reaching the pig, we hear oinking and rustling in the grass approximately 15-20 yards away. The grass is probably a 14" or so high. We hear them and see the grass moving, but don't see anything! Penis yells out to me, "It's a Sow, those are its babies!" I follow the moving grass and out pops about 12 little piglets! I sight in and am looking for the largest one, not taking any shots at this time. Penis yells out to me, "JUST START SHOOTING!!!" BAM, BAM, BAM, BAM, BAM, BAM. 1..... 2..... 3...... I tire out from the chase and the rest of the piglets get away.

We start looking for the pigs I hit and find 2. Can't find the 3rd, the 2nd is a clean shot, and the 1st was a runt and I blew the ass end of it apart. The 3rd piglet we saw hit. It kept stopping and trying to run. It somehow ran off and I couldn't find it.

This is the end result :D The sow felt like it weighed 110-120lbs and the piglet felt like 35-40lbs. The rifle was my Noveske, shot with 75 grain HP's.

ai97.photobucket.com_albums_l229_yinnhia_boar2.jpg

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats awesome! That little one looks like good eating!

My first and only big has been taken with my truck! She was too big for me to load in the truck by myself.

Did the 75gr's exit?

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The larger ones entrance wound was at his left shoulder. There was no entrance wound. I haven't asked my FIL how the insides look yet.

Twocan, you're right, Fairfax/Ralston doesn't have pigs. :)

Thats awesome! That little one looks like good eating!

My first and only big has been taken with my truck! She was too big for me to load in the truck by myself.

Did the 75gr's exit?

Latest posts

Top Bottom