My Glock 17 Gen 5 was stolen in Krebs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2AFarmer

Marksman
Reaction score
I don’t know if the is the correct place for this post but on Wednesday I woke up and realized when I got to work at 6am that my Glock 17 Gen5 and a little over $200 cash was stolen out of my truck. Does anyone have any experience with firearm theft and recovery that could lend some advice? I called the police as soon as I got home from work and filed a police report with the serial number and everything but if there is anything else I can do to increase the chances of recovering my pistol please let me know because it was my first pistol and has a lot of sentimental value to me. Also before you say it I know it was dumb of me to have left my pistol in my truck. I usually don’t leave any valuables in my vehicle overnight. Side note the pistol was locked in the center console which I am still confused how they got in because there are no visible pry marks.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not much you can do. Keep an eye on Armslist and gun forums and social media market places. No sense in checking the pawn shops, they have their inventory checked by the police by law. All you can do is keep an eye out online and through the grapevine, and wait/hope for it to turn up.

Make sure you learn the lesson here, even if it was the hard way.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know if the is the correct place for this post but on Wednesday I woke up and realized when I got to work at 6am that my Glock 17 Gen5 and a little over $200 cash was stolen out of my truck. Does anyone have any experience with firearm theft and recovery that could lend some advice? I called the police as soon as I got home from work and filed a police report with the serial number and everything but if there is anything else I can do to increase the chances of recovering my pistol please let me know because it was my first pistol and has a lot of sentimental value to me. Also before you say it I know it was dumb of me to have left my pistol in my truck. I usually don’t leave any valuables in my vehicle overnight. Side note the pistol was locked in the center console which I am still confused how they got in because there are no visible pry marks.
If your a member of the NRA, you have up to $1000 stolen firearms insurance. Look it up, and file the proper forms.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If your a member of the NRA, you have up to $1000 stolen firearms insurance. Look it up, and file the proper forms.
IF and it's a big IF you have called the nra and jumped thru all their hoops and activated the insurance.........just because you are a member doesn't mean you are covered ......... has to be activated.........

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IF and it's a big IF you have called the nra and jumped thru all their hoops and activated the insurance.........just because you are a member doesn't mean you are covered ......... has to be activated.........
your absolutely correct. That's a little caveat that most don't know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom