my kid shooting his new rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drgnracin72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picked up a savage 17hmr the other day for use on small game at the farm. The kiddo saw it and claimed it as his. Took him out yesterday evening and let him have a crack at it. We were shooting at 100 yards, at 4 inch targets. He was getting close, ut hasnt hit one yet. He just turned 5 last month, so hes still got a lot to learn. If you watch in one of the videos, he racks the action, and starts to get in position and almost puts his finger on the trigger. he froze and his eyes look like he thought he was fixing to get beat. Anyways, had a good time and he loved it.

and this one is my favorite picture

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome! Great to see this. Few more years until I can start doing the same with my son. We have been working with the bb gun when he goes to the range with me, and loves that!

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best investment in our future is making sure our kids learn to enjoy the sport.
Oh and in about forty years he'll be taking your old butt shooting posting pics of his day out with dad if you're lucky.

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great to see a kid learning the right way....takes all the mystery out of guns. I started my son about the same age on a cricket .22lr single shot....he was able to hit a clay from 50 yards....after many tries...I swear I was more excited than he was when he hit it!

Latest posts

Top Bottom