My lawn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
flatwins said:
My lawn....

...is being trashed by "yard rats". Sumbitchin' gophers and moles. I swear if I could work napalm into this equation somehow I would.

Gophers are pretty easy to trap. I've taken close to a hundred from my 3 acre yard. My dog does real well on the moles since they travel just under the surface.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad in NC uses Harbor Freights solar sticks for Moles quite successfully.

Is that the vibrating spike things? If so I picked up a few of those the other day at Lowe's and I think they are keeping a few of the worthless vermin away. I have them placed near the house but still have the yard rats toward the back of my property. I really, really want to kill a few though. I'd take some satisfaction in their demise. :yelclap:

JxxxOxxxE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got one of the in ground vibration/sound gopher chaser......I still get gophers....

About 3 years ago before I had kids, I would shoot them with a .22...lol....Kids came along, and I dont have as much time now to wait on them to surface....I bet i've killed/trapped 30 or more using the wire traps, and now onto the box traps. Once you get the idea of how to place the traps, you can usually catch them on your first try before they tear up a lot of area...

Here's a link to some gopher trap info.

http://www.garden-counselor-lawn-care.com/gopher-traps.html

I just bought a new wooden box trap at a local hardware store...works great...

No pics of the nice lawn yet?

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wondered how the heck some people have post counts in the thousands....now I know!

Actually I hate gophers and moles too! Good info on the sticks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom