My new (to me) Buckmark Target

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picked this up today at a local pawn shop. An older model Browning Buckmark in nickel. Very pleased with my purchase. I'd estimate less than 200 rounds shot through it.

Now just need to save up for the Tac Sol barrel and suppressor!

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats! Buckmarks are great!

If you haven't already and are wanting to improve the trigger, check out rimfirecentral forum for instructions on the "heggis flip". Zero cost for the mod. You just flip the trigger spring. Should bring it down to 2.5lbs or so. Browning also makes a target trigger with an overtravel screw if that is something that interests you.

Regarding tacsol barrels, the shortest barrel should keep all .22lr ammo from going supersonic.

They are a hoot to shoot! Enjoy!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How much is the target trigger and what does the overtravel screw do?

I just bought one myself.

Thanks

B

IIRC, when I bought one for my wife's Bmark a few years back it was like $12.50 direct from Browning. The overtravel screw limits how much the trigger moves after it releases the sear. It provides a better feel to the trigger and reduces how much trigger slap there is after the sear breaks. Its supposed to aid in accuracy, but I don't know how you'd measure that.

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like GTG says, it reduces the travel of the trigger after the break. This gives the trigger less overall travel and a shorter reset. There are also aftermarket triggers available. His name evades me at the moment, but my trigger was made by one of the buckmark experts over at rimfirecentral. You should be able to see the overtravel screw here in this picture.
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v396_jaronhudgins_Firearms_twenty_two_20long_20rifle_IMG_0628.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom