My TV Quit!!! What is my best plan?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My TV quit working; screen went blank and it won't turn on anymore. It is a Sanyo 50", about three years old. From my internet troubleshooting search it is possibly a fuse or the powerboard that is bad, or something else. I live in a rural area - not sure if there is a TV repair shop in this part of the country (Caddo County) anymore. Retail on a new TV like mine @ Wal-Mart is about $550. Should I try to take it to the shop somewhere or would I be better off just buying a new one?

Thanks!

:flybuzz:

Cedar Creek

(PS - I'm not very competent working on electronic stuff.)

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm no help answering your question but I've been hoping for a few years now for my rear-projection Toshiba to die so I can replace it with something flat. It keeps soldiering on though. Now that I've typed this it will probably crater tomorrow.

Droberts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
make sure you give it plenty of ventilation. if you have a fan in the room mount the tv on the wall and set the fan to blow up. tv power supplies are horribad when it comes to overheating issues.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
You're probably better off without TV these days.

If mine went out, I don't know if I would even bother replacing it.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a TV shop in Sherman TX that still actually works on them. I had the same issue with Sanyo and they fixed it for about $20 IIRC.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're probably better off without TV these days.

If mine went out, I don't know if I would even bother replacing it.

I pretty much agree and that's why I haven't ran out and bought a newer TV. I don't have any pay TV at all and don't miss it. I have a Roku box connected to Netflix/Amazon Prime for movies and stuff. Most of the time I watch documentaries and historical shows.

Latest posts

Top Bottom