My Tyler Mfg experience

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Herb12418., welcome to OSA. This place is a hive of info, I'm glad you found us, but had you joined before, you could have searched the site, asked questions of the members and maybe saved yourself some grief. Anyway, I'm going to move this to General Discussions and ask you to hang around join in and take advantage of all we have to offer. There's a whole lot of info, knowledge and some small amount of BS here.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Melvin Tyler sold his shop on Britton Road to a guy on South Eastern and the buyer relocated in a Oil Well Service Yard. The new owner also purchased Mashburn Arms on Penn about the same time.

Melvin made Custom Leather Products - Trigger Shoes - T-Grips and
Ivory-X Grips (Ground Ivory and a special resin) Looks and ages like real ivory

Then I wonder if Tyler T grips still has a connection to Gunworld.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm always suspicious when a person's first (and probably only) post comes in the form of a rant.

I have dealt with Tyler Manf twice. Both times I've received my order in a timely manner, within a couple weeks.
On one occasion, I had reason to call the listed number, to clarify an order. I looked at the website, saw that it stated that the phone was answered between 'x' and 'y' times on certain days.
I called during the specified time window, the phone was answered, I spoke with a person who took care of my perceived problem.
I'm fairly certain the business is run on a part-time basis.

I suppose that if someone is raised in the "I want it shipped overnight, I can't LIVE without this product in my hands within 48hours" society, then Tyler's business model is out of date.

I didn't have a problem with them.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm always suspicious when a person's first (and probably only) post comes in the form of a rant.

I have dealt with Tyler Manf twice. Both times I've received my order in a timely manner, within a couple weeks.
On one occasion, I had reason to call the listed number, to clarify an order. I looked at the website, saw that it stated that the phone was answered between 'x' and 'y' times on certain days.
I called during the specified time window, the phone was answered, I spoke with a person who took care of my perceived problem.
I'm fairly certain the business is run on a part-time basis.

I suppose that if someone is raised in the "I want it shipped overnight, I can't LIVE without this product in my hands within 48hours" society, then Tyler's business model is out of date.

I didn't have a problem with them.

Your example of 2 week turnaround is hardly the norm. Take a moment to research their feedback online and you will see that several months, not weeks, is the norm. I have a huge problem with businesses that have time to deposit your payment THE SAME DAY THAT IT'S RECEIVED, but make endless excuses as to why they don't have time to ship their customers their product. Sorry, but I have zero respect for their current business model and level of customer service.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your example of 2 week turnaround is hardly the norm. Take a moment to research their feedback online and you will see that several months, not weeks, is the norm. I have a huge problem with businesses that have time to deposit your payment THE SAME DAY THAT IT'S RECEIVED, but make endless excuses as to why they don't have time to ship their customers their product. Sorry, but I have zero respect for their current business model and level of customer service.

The problem with researching the feedback, is that satisfied cusomers rarely take the time to post. They, like myself, consider timely service a matter of course, not something to be rewarded.

The vast majority of the customers must be satisfied, or the place would be long since out of business.
I do agree that good communication isai must these days, and they should probably work on that. However, as far as I know, everyone has either received their order, or gotten a refund.

I'm fixing to get together another order, and I expect I'll receive it in a few weeks.

Either way, if you don't want to do business with them, then don't !

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem with researching the feedback, is that satisfied cusomers rarely take the time to post. They, like myself, consider timely service a matter of course, not something to be rewarded.

I have to agree with this. I'm on a number of RV forums and have told folks for some time that just because one sees a lot of negative comments on a product, it doesn't mean a lot because there could be far more people who have no reason to register on a forum and complain. And, it is seldom that a buyer will register on a forum just to post positive comments.

For instance, on the RV forum for our brand of RV, there are something like 7000 to 8000 of those RV's that have been sold, but only roughly 75 people are active on the forums. Plus, with forums, some people join just to ask questions for a solution to a problem. I've always suggested that folks join forums so they can ask their own questions and to ask if the previous owners would still buy the same brand/model again. In almost all cases, those answering say they would buy the brand again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom