Native American group wants Washington Redskins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
We need to go back to the old days where you never heard about all this horse crap
Which days?

The 80s was Aids and African killer bees in the 90s. War on drugs. You talking about before that?

Like 70s when it was them druggies and mild racism I guess. Least compared to the 60s.

That was wild I bet. Water cannons, and landing on the moon! 50s?

Well that was pretty bad racism...

40s was WAR! 30s was DUST BOWL Great depression.

I know people talked about that, always did quite a bit...we got lots of records.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They'll always be the Washington Redskins and the Cleveland Indians to me.
Yeah, the Indians were my favorite team when growing up. I had to spend a lot of time in Cleveland back when working so got to go to some of their games, courtesy of the vendors that had me up there when they had the old name.
One game in particular was when they were playing the Yankees. Derek Jeeter hit a home run and a foul ball later into the stands. In both cases, the Indian fans threw the ball back out on to the field.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the Braves were playing the Indians in the World Series back in the ‘90s, they interviewed the chief of one of the big tribes here in Oklahoma (maybe the Cherokees, but it has been too long). He said if the teams thought enough of the tribes to use Indian terms for their names, he thought that was a pretty good honor for the tribes.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When the Braves were playing the Indians in the World Series back in the ‘90s, they interviewed the chief of one of the big tribes here in Oklahoma (maybe the Cherokees, but it has been too long). He said if the teams thought enough of the tribes to use Indian terms for their names, he thought that was a pretty good honor for the tribes.
It's just manufactured contriversy.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
The 50s would work. Even earlier would be better.
I dont know, wasn't so great for where I come from. I miss the late 80s. Everything still had colors.

Taco bell, McDonald's, Saturday morning cartoons, leaded gas. Seemed like things where better.

We had a drive in close, I got to see terminator opening day. Flight of the navigator, D.A.Y.R.L.

People got along back then too.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/n...etition-end-cancel-culture-erase-history.html
Why do rich white people and the artificially created mob they manage get to choose what is best for everyone? The white liberal propensity to "stand up for" minorities is modern day racism.
"Those who are most sensitive about "politically incorrect" terminology are not the average black ghetto-dweller, Asian immigrant, abused woman or disabled person, but a minority of activists, many of whom do not even belong to any "oppressed" group but come from privileged strata of society. Political correctness has its stronghold among university professors, who have secure employment with comfortable salaries, and the majority of whom are heterosexual white males from middle- to upper-middle-class families. '

-Industrial Society and it's Future

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which days?

The 80s was Aids and African killer bees in the 90s. War on drugs. You talking about before that?

Like 70s when it was them druggies and mild racism I guess. Least compared to the 60s.

That was wild I bet. Water cannons, and landing on the moon! 50s?

Well that was pretty bad racism...

40s was WAR! 30s was DUST BOWL Great depression.

I know people talked about that, always did quite a bit...we got lots of records.
I remember if someone was racist or thought you were racist you throwed hands and didn’t ***** cry go screaming to everyone it was settled pretty quick you didn’t hear about it much or atleast we didn’t

Latest posts

Top Bottom