Rep. Cole want Washington Redskins to change name.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I suggested the team names that would make the rich idiots blood boil! LMAO!!!

🐎Crazyhorse🐎

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
🔫🇺🇸🔫🇺🇸🔫🇺🇸🔫🇺🇸🔫🇺🇸🔫🇺🇸
Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't care about that stuff. There are people that do, and that's fine. The angry people ought to be able to vote on some kind of name - unless a judge steps in and overrules it. Something that makes me smile, though, is all these white guys waving around a card that says they're Indian. Some of them look like they could have stepped right out of an Ottomar Anton poster.

Reaction score
Agreed CH🔫

🐎Crazyhorse🐎

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
🔫🇺🇸🔫🇺🇸🔫🇺🇸🔫🇺🇸🔫🇺🇸🔫🇺🇸

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Agreed CH

Crazyhorse



Some of the noblest looking people to ever grace the face of the earth are the Sioux.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Something that makes me smile, though, is all these white guys waving around a card that says they're Indian. Some of them look like they could have stepped right out of an Ottomar Anton poster.

So mixed bloods should just stay quiet about their heritage? Some day, these mixed bloods will be the only decendants left of these tribes. Full bloods in some tribes are completely gone. I remember when our last Kaw full blood passed away.

In my tribe, you should be more than just a card carrying member, you should be a CITIZEN. Get involved with the tribe- live the life- no matter how much blood you have flowing thru you. You should know your culture, know at least some of the language, and most of all know where your family came from, etc.

My maternal grandfather was full blood Osage indian, an original allottee on the 1905 roll, my maternal grandmother was mixed, Osage-Kaw, was on the Osage and Kaw rolls, and she was also part white. My paternal side though is pure white, German-Scottish-Irish. On paperwork I get quarterly from the BIA it shows my quantum to be .28, a little more than a 1/4, but my CDIB says 1/4. My tribe doesnt require a quantum but I could be a member of most any tribe in the US, there are only 6 out of 565 registered tribes that I couldnt as they require at least 1/2 blood. That is just my Osage blood. I am also at least if not more than 1/16 Kaw, which is exactly the quantum to qualify for their membership. I have a Kaw card but am not an active member as I was told by my mother in the 80s that the BIA wanted us to choose one tribe over another, so we stayed with the Osage tribe.

Each tribe has it's own criteria for citizenship. In some there is a minimum, in others there is not but you must have at least one parent already a citizen. Most tribes require 1/4 minimum. And you must have a CDIB. Some tribes though, like the Cherokee, do not have any minimum quantum but you must have a descendant on their original roll. So basically a person with one drop of Cherokee indian blood could possess a membership card and be considered indian. (Sounds alot like the old one drop rule when it came to deciding if a person was African-American. How could you be considered black with just a very small percentage of African blood, but not be considered indian at like 1/256ths or whatever? Makes no sense to me).

Im blonde haired (turning grayish now) and blue eyed born in California, but my mother, same as her family, were all born in Oklahoma on 'the rez'. She is active in our tribes business, on the election and housing committees presently, and relatives of mine have been everything from chief to councilmen. A cousin just became principal chief. I know my Osage and Kaw lineage by heart, my Osage side for more than the 7 generations required of me to memorize.

Im proud to be indian, and Im proud of my German Scottish and Irish roots too.

I guess when you might see a blond guy like me with a high percentage of indian blood, you see white. I understand. I know Im not full blood. But I am not denying my heritage to anybody, never have never will.

Last edited:

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nofearfactor, I smile when I see Ottomar Anton types saying they're Indian. I'm not disparaging them. I don't agree or disagree that one drop of blood makes someone a full blooded Cherokee. But if it makes me smile, it makes me feel good. Don't you want me to feel good?

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nofearfactor, I smile when I see Ottomar Anton types saying they're Indian. I'm not disparaging them. I don't agree or disagree that one drop of blood makes someone a full blooded Cherokee. But if it makes me smile, it makes me feel good. Don't you want me to feel good?

Lolll, yes, I want you to feel good.

(And it is a little ironic with the Anton thing. One side of my family, my fathers mothers side, thought they were French descendants for years and years because of our ancestor who had came down from his home in Quebec with his brothers to the wild west in what is now the St Louis area in the early 1800s looking for furs to trade, which they found as well as marrying and having children with indian women. He was French Canadian who spoke 6 languages. Upon further investigation though by my sister who was doing genealogy stuff for a school project and had dug deeper, our French Canadian ancestor was actually born in Germany and had moved to Canada with his family as a kid in the 1700s. He did marry a French woman whose family had emigrated to Canada from France giving us French blood, but it was a revelation to find out the family was German also and never knew it. Once you start those digging up the past searchs you find out some interesting stuff).

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nofearfactor, I knew my great grandfather, and know the name of his father. But beyond that I know nothing. How did you find all this out about your past? Did you go on Ancestry.com?

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The name Indian has no disparagement in, it Redskins does. BIG DIFFERENCE. I believe this congressman is representing HIS district not the entire state. In that regard his representing it well. There is a large number of native Americans in his area. I also believe Redskins is a derogatory and disparaging slang term that is right there with the N word.

Yeh, kinda like naming a predominantly Indian team, "Peckerwoods."

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom