Rep. Cole want Washington Redskins to change name.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greengiant

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
not to step on anybody's toes or heritage, but don't we have way too much political correctness in media, government and life, why can't we be just 1 nation under God, I Pledge Allegiance to the flag
of the United States of America
and to the Republic
for which it stands,
one Nation under God,
indivisible,
with liberty and justice for all.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My younger sister was doing a project for one of her college classes but it was my older brother who helped her find her resources. He is a professor of Sociology at U Cal-Monterey with a PHD.

My sister has published one book of our heritage, and is in the process of publishing another. Nothing exciting, and nobody will buy it other than family, but its out there. We have Delaware in our family. The records were destroyed in a fire at the tribal court house years ago, but she has dug around enough to find some of the family history that is Native American.
The other side is from England. Gabby Hayes is a distant relative we found out, and Blackjack Ketchum, hung for horse stealing is another prominent member.

Ancestry.com is a great paid site, but its just for newbs. The real ancestry researchers like my sister have dozens of sites, and do personal work with city, state, county registrars, etc. A lot of it is going on line now. She even helps others. We have several small family cemetery's in our area, found by me when hunting, etc, and she has helped others to locate some of their family's heritage. She will be up next week to check out a cemetery I found this fall. Drove by it dozens of times and only thought it was a grove of trees. Stopped one day to take care of some bidness, and saw some stones in the trees. They haven't been in the sunlight for many years. The latest death was in the 30's, and the earliest death was from the late 1800's.

Real Sooners!

For the record, I'm not offended.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm also part Cherokee, 1/4 to be exact, my dad was 1/2 and my grandfather a full blood. I'm not personally offended by the name Redskins but deep down everyone knows that it was used in a derogatory way to describe American Indians. Calling a team the Indians, Braves, Chiefs, Warriors. etc. is not the same as calling them Redskins. Name another sports team that has a name that was used as a derogatory way to describe a race of people?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
# 1 - no team should be tax-exempt. If everyone else takes a screwing from the tax man, then the teams can, too.
# 2 - it's their team. Don't like the name, cheer for the other guy.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! It is so in style now to be offended by everything and to want to control every benign issue off life. Just go sit cross legged, put your thumb and index finders togher and meditate for a while. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom