NBA All Star game National Anthem performance... how bad can it get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did anyone catch this? WTH man...

We watched them do the quartet for the Canadian National Anthem, and I wasn't impressed, didn't care for the harmonies, etc., no biggie. I was looking forward to someone coming out to do the US National Anthem and just killing it. Little did I know, they would!

Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas - I realize a lot of you guys probably won't know who she is - did an absolutely HORRIFIC rendition reminiscent of Marilyn Monroe singing "Happy Birthday, Mr. President," - seemed like Anna Nicole trying to be cute and sassy, but just fell flat. I first thought it was wildly inappropriate for both the venue and for our National Anthem, but also thought it was poorly executed as well, for what she was trying to do. Or at least, what I assume she was trying to do. I don't know, all I know is, it sucked big ones.

Here it is, for those who haven't seen it:

Is there ANYONE who liked this?

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No one liked this.
You could see it in the shots of the players, audience, & announcers.
Awful.
Roseanne was worse - but this was still just awful.

“Crying is for babies, little girls, and men who just had their ears ripped off.”
- Winston Churchill

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No one liked this.
You could see it in the shots of the players, audience, & announcers.
Awful.
Roseanne was worse - but this was still just awful.

“Crying is for babies, little girls, and men who just had their ears ripped off.”
- Winston Churchill
Roseanne was bad, but I think she hammed it up knowing she is bad. Is is possible Fergi was bad on purpose?

Whitney Houston, what a great Anthem performance by her.

Latest posts

Top Bottom