NCAA Wants to Kill No-Huddle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me the 'player safety' logic?
In theory, the defensive players, particularly the big guys in the trenches, are getting worn out because they can't substitute when the offense is going no-huddle (unless the offense substitutes). When players get tired, they make mistakes, and that's when they get hurt.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In theory, the defensive players, particularly the big guys in the trenches, are getting worn out because they can't substitute when the offense is going no-huddle (unless the offense substitutes). When players get tired, they make mistakes, and that's when they get hurt.

Yep, like letting a RB or FB run right past you!

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, what about in smaller high school's like where I played, where you played both O and D? Heaven forbid you have to be in shape to play a sport, other than obese...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every front line of any NFL, High School, and recently grade school football for the most times have been morbidly obese walls of fat to slow down the opposing players. Pretty sad when my 6th grade grandson In Dallas has to face 250lb linemen when he weighs the norm for that age at 75 pounds.

He does pretty good running around them but I'm afraid when he has to run up the middle.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every front line of any NFL, High School, and recently grade school football for the most times have been morbidly obese walls of fat to slow down the opposing players. Pretty sad when my 6th grade grandson In Dallas has to face 250lb linemen when he weighs the norm for that age at 75 pounds.

He does pretty good running around them but I'm afraid when he has to run up the middle.

Yeah, that doesn't seem quite "fair" at that age, not to be a ninny about it.

That didn't happen for us, we all had to be dual purpose, we'd have a few fatties O/D tackles (they would play tackle on both sides of the ball), but not like you see these days. I was 6 ft 235 lbs, but was far from a fatty back in my younger year, and I was really fast for my size, that's why I played LB, but got stuck being a LG on the O-Line. When your entire team consists of maybe 20 players, we had to do as much as we could, lol!

Latest posts

Top Bottom