NCAA Wants to Kill No-Huddle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In theory, the defensive players, particularly the big guys in the trenches, are getting worn out because they can't substitute when the offense is going no-huddle (unless the offense substitutes). When players get tired, they make mistakes, and that's when they get hurt.

But the rule won't be enforced during the final two minutes of each half.

You know, during the highest risk part of the game.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But the rule won't be enforced during the final two minutes of each half.

You know, during the highest risk part of the game.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's obvious that the SEC is scared of Big 12 style offenses. Notice nobody threw a fit until Mizzu and A&M came to town. All of a sudden there's a problem?

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Half of the SEC is stuck in the 1970's.
Half has jumped on the crazy train and like fast paced.
Most of the big 10 like the beerfest sloober knockers.
Everyone else has changed.
I personally like the new fast paced high scoring game.
The old dinosaur action puts me to sleep.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, it's obvious that the SEC is scared of Big 12 style offenses. Notice nobody threw a fit until Mizzu and A&M came to town. All of a sudden there's a problem?

This is the likely answer. Bulimia just arrived in the SEC and must be angling for an assistant pos at Abalama after Arkansas fires his ass. Saban is a whiny turd.

Player safety….boolsheet.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every front line of any NFL, High School, and recently grade school football for the most times have been morbidly obese walls of fat to slow down the opposing players. Pretty sad when my 6th grade grandson In Dallas has to face 250lb linemen when he weighs the norm for that age at 75 pounds.

He does pretty good running around them but I'm afraid when he has to run up the middle.

Well if your grandson is in 6th grade and is 75 lbs and playing against a kid who is 250 lbs then your son/daughter need to pull your grandson out of that league immediately. I don't have a lot of confidence in the Pop Warner type kids football leagues to begin with but all that I know of have strict guide lines for players and which division they play in for safety reasons. If they allow that much differentiation in weight for the same division they are probably doing a lot of other unethical and unsafe crap too.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well if your grandson is in 6th grade and is 75 lbs and playing against a kid who is 250 lbs then your son/daughter need to pull your grandson out of that league immediately. I don't have a lot of confidence in the Pop Warner type kids football leagues to begin with but all that I know of have strict guide lines for players and which division they play in for safety reasons. If they allow that much differentiation in weight for the same division they are probably doing a lot of other unethical and unsafe crap too.

Pretty sure OSSAA has no such guidelines, or at least they aren't enforced. Wouldn't surprise me if the same holds true south of the river.

Sent from my SGP312 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom