Need .380 ? Go here !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like many of you, I've been a bit puzzled by the lack of .380 ammo. Since November 2009, I've only seen .380 ammo once at Walmart.

I've heard stories of price gougers asking, and getting, $50 and up, for a 50 rd box of fmj. :nono1:

I found some Monarch at Academy a couple months ago and bought one of the two boxes, even tho I didn't really need any. I was just so pleased to find some factory .380, I had to buy some! I've not seen any there since.

Other places have/had .380, but you had to buy not only a gun from them, but one chambered in .380 in order to buy some of that ammo. One client of mine told me he'd spent multilple $1000's at this particular place, but was told they had no .380. A few minutes later, they reached under the counter for a box of .380 to sell to a customer that just bought an LCP. He told me he'll never go back there again.

At any rate, I just discovered that Heartland Outdoors not only has .380, they have a LOT of it! All at reasonable prices. They have a 50 rd box of Fiocchi for $20, Winchester for $21, some other brand I can't recall and they have Starfire .380 for $15 for a 20 rd box.

If you only want to buy .380 ammo, they will sell you up to 4 boxes (200 rds) If you rent a lane to shoot, as I understood it, there is either no limit or a greater one. I'm not sure which. Either way, you do NOT have to buy a .380 chambered gun from them in order to purchase .380 ammo.

Just thought I'd pass this on.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just ordered some off Cabelas. It came to around $20 a box with shipping.

I'm curious what you ordered, then. The USA ammo is out of stock as are a couple others. Besides, if it's the same money, I'd rather buy it at Heartland and have it in my hand the next second and shooting it the next minute if desired.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was S&B ball ammo for plinking and practice.
Not saying that buying it and having it in hand is not better.
I was just saying I found some there and passing along the info.
But for what it's worth having it delivered to my door is cheaper than me traveling anywhere to get it.
Me shooting it right this second is not an issue as I keep some in my stockpile.
This was just to add to the stockpile.

Added this:

4 of 21-7410 SELLIER&BELLOT HANDGUN AMMO PER 50 S&B .380AUTO 92GRFMJ
Shipped-04/22/10
Total

Merchandise = $71.96
Postage = $10.95
ORDER TOTAL = $82.91

Dbltap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sports world in Tulsa actually had a selection of hp .380 the other day. Kind of pricey at $25 for 20 rounds of gold dots but at least i'm not carrying fmjs anymore.

Latest posts

Top Bottom