Need a favor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to wonder just how many people use GOD as their password even on this forum.

They don't for very long. ;)

Veggue Meat...I wish I was smart enough to understand what you said. It is a yahoo acct. I received an email with an attachment from a friend. But I never opened it because the message was just random letters.

I deleted the whole thing but after that I did not receive any email although I know that I should have been receiving 2-5/day. The folks who sent them wanted to know why I hadn't responded.

Changed passwords but no luck. When I log in there is an initial mail screen then a break like it's being diverted to a second screen. Today I tried to delete my contacts list but I can't. Windows is saying they are blocking content because of a certificate irregularity. All this is greek to this old gal. Is there something I should be doing to protect mtself?

If it's Yahoo, you shouldn't have a certificate problem. That would make me think that you need to run a virus scan locally to see if you have one of the many hijackers that are out there. Some of them require an offline virus scanner that runs without booting into Windows (like the rescue CD that Kaspersky lets you create) to be removed because they actually run something like a "listener" to recreate itself when it's removed while Windows is running.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had that happen to mine last year, everyone on my contact list got spammed. Once I changed the PW it stopped and that was that. I'm not techie enough to know what happened.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of course, if people would actually use secure passphrases... the only issue they'd have is a random hash collision or a truly compromised provider... a lot faster to run a dictionary with common character substitutions than it is to look for a collision...

I've seen a lot of the providers compromised. I'd recommended that a friend use Lastpass, so he got it and set up some insane passwords for his accounts. About a year later one of his inactive Yahoo accounts is sending spam. Not the first person it happened to either.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Veggue Meat...I wish I was smart enough to understand what you said. It is a yahoo acct. I received an email with an attachment from a friend. But I never opened it because the message was just random letters.

I deleted the whole thing but after that I did not receive any email although I know that I should have been receiving 2-5/day. The folks who sent them wanted to know why I hadn't responded.

Changed passwords but no luck. When I log in there is an initial mail screen then a break like it's being diverted to a second screen. Today I tried to delete my contacts list but I can't. Windows is saying they are blocking content because of a certificate irregularity. All this is greek to this old gal. Is there something I should be doing to protect mtself?
This sounds like some kind of malware on your computer is redirecting you from the yahoo mail page to a phishing page with a phony or non-existent security certificate so Microsoft is blocking it.
The security certificate is a component from a third party that verifies the website is who they are claiming to be and since the certificate is invalid your browser is blocking it.

If you have a tablet or smartphone try installing the yahoo mail app on it and see if you can access your yahoo email that way.

Hopefully you already have some kind of antivirus application installed on your computer but even if you do the malware may have disabled it.
You can use either of these two sites that will download an antivirus component into your browser that scans your PC for viruses.

Trend Micro Online Antivirus
Kaspersky Online Antivirus

Latest posts

Top Bottom