If you need help with Thanksgiving meal let me know.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As the title says if you are needing help this year with a Turkey or a ham let me know in PM and you will stay anonymous it has been a few years since I have done this and this might be a year someone needs a little help and no matter where you are in the state I will find a way to get something to you.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In case anyone needs to know. Aldi has Butterball turkeys for $1.59/pound. When I was there earlier this week, they had a sale on them that dropped it to $1.27/pound. Commissary at the base was $2.48/pound, no-name turkeys. $3.98/pound for a smoked turkey. I've spent all but about $40 of my grocery money for the month, but should make it to the next Mother's day. You know. Pay this mother, pay that mother... ;)

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As the title says if you are needing help this year with a Turkey or a ham let me know in PM and you will stay anonymous it has been a few years since I have done this and this might be a year someone needs a little help and no matter where you are in the state I will find a way to get something to you.
Another great OSA act. I have everything I need this year as I have been rounding up items for a few months but I am sure there are some here that might need a hand. Or know someone that does. I decided to go all out this year.

Thanksgiving.jpg

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have ALWAYS eaten out on Thanksgiving. Between his work and our lack of family around these parts (nevermind the relatives that would rather die than claim us 😉) it just always seemed like the smart move.

I have a couple of turkeys in the freezer (and more than a few small hams) I'd be glad to share. And all the green beans, french fried onions and mushroom soup you need for that green bean casserole. Have some canned cranberry dressing and StoveTop also. And finally I've got the fixings for the gravy mix and mashed potatoes also. Nothing fancy, but it's enough to fill more than a few tummies.

If you'd rather have beans and cornbread with that ham, I can make that happen, too. And I can probably find a fresh onion to go with it. (Who eats beans and cornbread without white onion?? Heathens, that's who. 😉)

Either or, chooser's choice.

Like @Jon3830 shoot me a PM. Your secret is safe with me.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
THAT Gurl said: Who eats beans and cornbread without white onion?? Heathens, that's who. 😉)

Call me a heathen. I prefer red onion! The wife prefers white, but there is no accounting for her taste. She married me!
My wife said I was handsome. I've been buying her glasses for a lot of years now, so I know exactly how blind she was. :)

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it is getting closer so if you need it let me know please don't wait until the day before(it happened about 5 years ago)
Hay, you're doing a great thing. I have a couple extra bucks, if you have Paypal, or Zelle, or if I can just send a check, to help, PM your information. If I can help you I'm southwest of the City, but I maybe out of town Wed, Thur, Fri. God bless ya.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is exceptionally kind of Jon3830 to help others and I commend him or her whicheever the case may be. And Thatgurl is also appreciated for her offer to help others who may be suffering financially. Ypu both are good people and anyone would be very firtunate to have either of you as a neighbor. May God smile on you this season!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom