Need a good transmission shop in South OKC / Moore

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
3 Way west of Tecumseh on highway 9.
I know it's a bit out of your area, but if your tranny has any real problems wherever you take it will send it there.
They're the best, all the shops send trannys to them to be fixed right.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another one out of your stated area of interest, but this guy is great: Roy's Transmission Shop, 4008 N Redmond Ave, Bethany. (MacArthur north to NW 39th, and west on 39th to Redmond. Turn right and you are there. 789-6336. Incidentally, Roy is a maker of very high quality custom knives--even makes his own Damascus steel. CB

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The manual transmissions in the Ranger pickups are pretty solid given the weakish engines they are bolted to. I bet you are just needing some clutch work done. My 94 worked fine until the trans ran dry on fluid, then it grenade'd. If yours hasn't completely gone out, I suspect it (the gearbox) is fine.

I can't recommend a shop in that area (never needed trans work done when I lived that way), but wanted to let you know it's probably more minor than a full transmission rebuild. I will keep my fingers crossed for you :)

Boatcephus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ASK ABOUT THEIR WARRANTY FIRST.

I know it's not in your area, but I had great service from oktransmissions in Broken Arrow. http://www.oktransmissions.com/Why_Choose_Us.html

The other guys I called gave a 3 month or 12 month - 12k mile warranty. These guys are LIFETIME as long as you flush the trans every 50k miles. They overbuild them, rather than rebuild them, with heavier duty parts than OEM. They do a lot of fleet work, so the volume helps them keep their price down. FAST, too. What I did was have the transmission pulled and driven to them, then picked up and brought it back and had my dealer reinstall it. Cost was $1600, which is right in the middle of the range I was finding. Except they used race quality parts, so I call that a better value anyway. That was in April and I've hauled my boat all over the county and a Rhino all over Colorado, no problems. My mpg increased by 2 on average as well. The mechanic explained that my overdrive may have been going out. Maybe, I average 16.6 instead of 14.4 now. I needed that little boost.

chevy88

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
there is a tranny shop on eastern just south of 4th st past the phillips 66. they are cool people i used to work with some of the guys that own it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom