Need advice/Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sat in a blind for first time this morning. Long story short at 845 doe and small fork come in at 25 yes. I left mesh on blind so had to maneuver for shot through hole. 325 yes I shot inches over her. She blew and split. I waited an hour then left. Should I hunt that blind tonight? I have a lot of other deer on camera and a stand 75 dyes away. I've never taken a deer with a bow! I get nervous and freeze up. Need to remember to do the things I practice on the Glendell Buck!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
She may be goosy IF she comes back through this evening if she's old nanny doe. If you've got deer on cam in the evening, I say hunt it if the wind is right.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the wind is right, hunt it. I'm sure there's more than 1 deer around. I would take the mesh off. Just don't make sudden movements and you'll be fine.

Jeremy1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys. The wind was right and I did hunt it. Saw a few deer moving along the creek bottom but did not get a shot... I know it'll happen eventually. I've got to learn to settle down and go through my **** routine just like I am in my back yard..... Got the mesh removed too......

brian89

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It happens man.. when those silly critters show up and its time to shoot, they make all the summer practice somehow leave your mind.. I remember when I first started bowhunting and forgetting to even aim at the deer.. haha,now I talk myself into making a good shot and not aiming at the whole deer, but just a spot.. I bury that pin on the deer until after the arrow hits. Shooting does is great practice for when that giant steps out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom