Need help with ANOTHER wife gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a conversation with the wife, last night, about maybe going out to shoot tomorrow. She has no idea about me sneaking out a few times.....Ha.
She was kinda of okay (roll eyes and all) and I asked her to go and be a chance for her to shoot some. She hasn't gone in a long time.
Then she tells me that she hates the bursa thunder (she picked out) 380. This is the 380 that I bought to replace the sig 238 that was bought to replace the lcp9. She shot them all lights out. She hates the slide and semi autos. She has problems with her hands and she struggles with racking them. All of them. I didn't know it hurt her so much. She does have recoil issues too and the thunder was a bit snappy.
So I need some help without trolling.
Revolver is the way I going. Need small and light. If I can get it in custom colors or have it customized to pink....etc, I'm good with that. If it's pretty, she will me more inclined to carry it with her. Didn't know she wasn't carrying the bursa (I'm not happy). Want grip laser.
No macho stuff. If it's a 22, I'd rather have that than zero.
HELP?

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife has a pair of 38's and carries a 45.........wakka wakka.

Seriously, she carries a Colt Cobra with light loads that a friend loaded for me. Soft recoil with still a little punch. Charter Arms offers a 38 snub with a pink frame along with other colors.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reduce that spring pressure to rack the gun and then load some decent ammo for it that does not punish her.
I am surprised how extremely hard 90% of the auto pistols are to rack back.
Some are very hard to just load ammo into the magazine.

I really like my hi-points easy to rack and easy to load and none of this hard recoil stuff.. but I shoot a 45acp.. it is a low pressure round anyway.
And if you are out of ammo you can use it as a club.

Not saying get a Hipoint just saying you could make the current gun easier for her to play with.

My friend got a 38 special light weight short barrel and that thing punishes him and his wife, the grip must be wrong or the gun too light.
I fired it and it wants to break your wrist and punishes the palm.
I made some powder puff loads for it.
My 170gr bullets at 1300fps from 357 mag with 6" barrel kicks 1/2 as much as that small 38 special.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife has a pair of 38's and carries a 45.........wakka wakka.

Seriously, she carries a Colt Cobra with light loads that a friend loaded for me. Soft recoil with still a little punch. Charter Arms offers a 38 snub with a pink frame along with other colors.
I've seen that one.
thanks

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ruger LCR in .327 Federal. Lightest out of the box DA trigger in the compact revolver market and .327 is lighter recoil than .38. They come in a version with hot pink grips. You can also get CTC laser grips and Cerakote them (or the gun) pretty pretty if she winds up liking the gun.

www.ruger.com_products_lcr_images_5409.jpg

wm_6028156.jpg

cdn2.armslist.com_sites_armslist_uploads_posts_2014_06_13_316985119d4247f6630e503c7c93524b2914.jpg

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ruger LCR in .327 Mag. She can practice with .32 short (almost no recoil), .32 long, .32 H&R, and .327 mag. Hornady makes a Critical Defense round in H&R and .327 Mag. Just like a .357 can use .38's for practice. Shoot mostly .32 longs for practice and end each session with a cylinder of your chosen self defense load so she can get used to the recoil and be ready for it if it becomes necessary.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom