Need help with ANOTHER wife gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have LCRs in both .22Mag and .38Spl. While the trigger in the .38Spl variant is very nice for a DAO revolver, the trigger in the .22Mag is significantly heavier. To paraphrase something I read here a while back on OSA, the LCR magic is gone on the rimfires. It's not a bad snubbie handgun, but I can usually find something else I'd rather shoot. Been considering applying the "sell it if you haven't used it in the last year" rule but I've had too many other projects vying for my attention.

If you can't find one to try out you're welcome to give me a holler the next time you know that you're going to be in OKC. To my knowledge I haven't been blacklisted from any of the ranges around here. Only thing I ask is that you minimize the gloating when it turns out that even with a busted wing you're still a better shot than me.
Thanks. I would enjoy shooting with you but I'll put money on you outshooting me. Safe bet.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When my wife decided she wanted to carry she tried the guns I had on hand but didn't like them much. We drove to H&H in OKC and rented every gun that might fit her. I didn't really like her choice but I'm not the one shooting it. She chose a Kahr TP9. Found one in Tulsa the next week. (Recently she mentioned that she would like to try G43)

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Be sure and fire enough break in rounds . Kahr pistols usually need them before they function 100%. I have a CM9 that makes a great pocket gun. The CW380 that I bought new needed about 125 break in rounds.

killerpigeon

Native off the Reservation
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just make sure your "Another wife" doesn't meet you other wife. But if you get them the same gun, easier to manage.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife has the same problem she got a Walther pk380 lightest recoil spring out there. Racks it no problem and very little recoil shoots it very well

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The first two that came to mind have been mentioned. The New 380 S&W with the easy rack slide, and the LCR in .327 Fed Mag. I would lean toward the LCR, I would feel more confident in the .327 fed mag over a 380.

Latest posts

Top Bottom