Need Help with Western Field XNH 560-8A / Noble 60 Shotgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently took on the project of attempting to get my dad's Western Field 12 gauge back in working order. The last item that needs addressing is the fact that the magazine does not feed correctly. Once one shell is fed, the rest of the magazine dumps. It looks like there is a cartridge stop or cutoff that is missing. I am not at all familiar with this platform and am not aware of the exact parts that need replaced as well as their method of attachment.

If anyone is familiar with this model, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a close-up of the shotgun in question:

i181.photobucket.com_albums_x97_mach_won_Westernfield006E.jpg

Here is a photo of the same model in complete working order. The part that is missing is the curved piece resting against the magazine tube follower.

i181.photobucket.com_albums_x97_mach_won_Westernfield.jpg

Here is a schematic found for the Noble 60:

i181.photobucket.com_albums_x97_mach_won_Noble_60_schem.jpg

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are 2 stops for the shells as they exit the tube, when the gun is cycled both stops are released very quickly one right after the other, The first one kicks back in before the shell gets past it and is suposed to catch the next shell before it gets ejected too, that is what is messing up for you.

Examine parts 56 and 83

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chris,

Can you elaborate on the issue that you're having? I'd be lying if I told you that I remembered exactly how the shell stop / cutoff was installed and retained, but I don't remember it being difficult to install. Is it not held in place by one of the receiver pins or a screw?

On a side note....seeing this thread makes me very sad. Don (Honeybee) seemed to be such an outstanding gentleman and I unfortunately never had the pleasure to meet him in person.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom