Needing a mechanic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jberry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am needing a mechanic. I won't go to dealerships and am having a hard time finding a local shop that can diagnose my problem. Anyone know of a reasonable and honest shop in Edmond that can look at our GMC yukon XL? It is making a whirring noise when accelerating and I am afraid it is differential. I would like to service the differential and see if its low on oil and if that will tide us over until after Christmas.

I am also OK with someone who does side job mechanic work.

Thanks

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It could be the U joint. When's the last time you greased it? If it is the U joint it should be very cheap to fix.

I only know about Toyotas but there's probably a fill plug on the diff that sets the fluid level. If it hasn't been leaking it's probably not low. I checked mine at 160k miles and it was good. Gear oil lasts! Definitely check the U joint first.

jberry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks, I will check that. Has 130K but don't know if differential oil has ever been changed.

how do you know toyotas? My son has a Land cruiser that we always need help with.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know Toyotas from being really into 4x4s them for a long time. I read about how to fix them and have done a few things. The replacement process for the stuff that needs done is almost identical to a lot of domestics though. They don't need much. I like working on cars and sometimes wish there was more to do.

What year is your sons land cruiser? I had a 94 for awhile. Great vehicle but the gas mileage was awful so I sold it and got a Tacoma. I did replace the front axle seals on that land cruiser. That's kind of a big job. Working on solid axles is pretty straight forward though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom