New 1,100 HP Shelby Mustang runs @ 257 MPH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
And I'll bet it struggles to turn into pit row at idle. :D

In all seriousness, it takes a lot of tech to put that much horsepower down and keep it in one piece. But, it takes a whole lot more to do it AND make it stop, turn and be liveable on the street. I wonder if that 1100hp Stang is very streetable on a daily basis. I'd bet not. In contrast, a Ferrari 458, Lanborghini Gallardo, Audi R8, etc. have actually proven to be insanely fast, relatively quick and liveable on a daily basis. That they look gorgeous doing it is a plus, not the reason they should command prices of $200K or more.

The Pumpkin looks real good carrying the front wheels 60' down the track on it's way to another low 8 second 160+ mph run.All those fancy big buck supercars do is "roll race" and dyno race.If they ever beat on them hard they would surely break.I saw 2 R8's(driven by a couple of very young guys) last night at Fuddruckers.

Turn up the sound!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tDHX9GQwQcE

OKC03Cobra

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why? Half that will get you a ZR1 & then you have a Corvette instead of a Mustang. Another $100K in mods on a ZR1 would ensure you SMASHED this Stang's performance and you'd have a far better looking car. This must be something for the hardcore Mustang guys.

A corvette is a sports car and a mustang is a muscle car. Apples and oranges. The 2013 Shelby GT500 has 662hp, costs $60k and will crush the ZL1 Camaro.

Latest posts

Top Bottom