New 12ga semi...What to buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bpfeiff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok guys I got a question. I know I might cause some debate but I'm looking for a good all around semi 12ga. I've been looking at the Benelli's and am really liking the Cordoba. Also the Winchester SX3. Whats everyone's thoughts and recommendations with reason?

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

bpfeiff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well i would use it for clays, and some hunting. No slug shooting though...many birds.

Things i like about the Benelli Cordoba.
Extended choke tube...yes you can buy them but out of the box = nice
Ported barrel
high visibility sights
ease of assembly/disassembly...this is true with all the Benelli's and arguable with most guns now

bpfeiff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the Benelli M1, mine gets used for everything from clays to 3 gun to home defense and is utterly reliable. I have had excellent results with ammo from the cheap walmart stuff all the way through buckshot and slugs (both full velocity and reduced recoil). It also has interchangeable choke tubes and is currently setup to hold 9 rounds, it is also pretty lightweight with soft recoil.

I have also been fortunate to spend a little time with the FN SLP. This shotgun is also a great shooter with soft recoli and solid performance. Obviously I tend to like the tactical type weapons, they seem to work for everything pretty well. If you're looking for one gun for everything these are my favorites.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Extended choke tube...yes you can buy them but out of the box = nice
Ported barrel
high visibility sights
ease of assembly/disassembly...this is true with all the Benelli's and arguable with most guns now

Polychoke makes an adjustable choke for the Saiga 12, works great.
Many companies make compensators that are easy to install.
You can add optics or get a Chaos extended-rail and put any sights on it you want.
AND it's easy to take down like an AK.

Depends on how much work you want to put into it. You could upgrade a Saiga to be better at what you're wanting to do, but Benelli will be great right out of the box and there are no hidden costs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom