New Arrow Rest, New Fletchings, or Both?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For Tighter Arrow Groups:

• Refletch with 2 inch vanes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Get a fall-away style rest

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both option 1 and 2

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been shooting a Hoyt XT2000 for 3 years now and have had trouble with getting tight arrow groups. I've changed my form over and over without greatly affecting the groupings. I have a Whisker Biscuit rest and am shooting GoldTip Hunter Expedition 5575 arrows with 4 inch, helix'd vanes. My question is: Which would be more helpful in tightening groups, getting a different, fall-away style rest, have the arrows re-fletched with 2-inch blazer style vanes, or, my least favorite alternative, do both?

ahlosojoe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with the Whisker Biscuit or the 4" vanes although I prefer blazer style vanes. If you are using a peep and a good release I would have to believe your problem is an inconsistent form. Pay really close attention to a consistent anchor point and a smooth release. Shoot when you are rested and quit before you get tired. That will give you a better idea as to your problem. Good luck.

firewalker600

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you hunt with your bow than I would keep the whisker biscuit. I believe it to be the best rest for hunting because it has less parts to break down, arrow stays in place and quite operation. I use a hostage pro now, but I spent the money on a drop away and it shoot great. The big problem and reason I changed back to a whisker type rest is because the arrow would come off the rest and make noise. I even bought a flip type assessor that was spouse to keep the arrow in place. An arrow coming of the rest makes some awful sounds in the woods. I would stay with the whisker and focus on shooting.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
the Whisker Biscuit is a fine arrow rest but they are made for straight fletching.And didn't say what kind of yardage your talking about whisker biscuit rest weren't made to be shooting 40 or 50 yards even though mine will group very well at 40 yrds and what are you calling good I can put most of mind in saucer size plate at 40 yards if no wind.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At 30 yards I have between 5-9 inch groups. I talked to some friends today that all agreed that the helix on my current vanes isn't helping. I would expect my bow at 40 yards to be shooting 4 inch groups without issue. I really like the whisker biscuit, but have seen fall-away style rests group extremely tight.

I've been shooting daily for over a month trying to verify where the issue is. I ordered some 2 inch Blazer vanes today as I'm more confident that is at least partially the issue.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A full helical will shoot fine out of a WB, tons of guys do it with no issue.
I shoot QAD (drop away) but its been proven time and time again that a WB is just as accurate.
Try the blazers and see if it helps, but I'd be willing to bet you got other issues.

Latest posts

Top Bottom