New Banking Rules?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoShoots

Marksman
Reaction score
Are you saying Banks can get our retirement funds? When did we/you see this? Can you cite the example?

Yellen taps postal retirement funds to pay to keep the government open, with promises to "make whole" later. If we're at war or another scam-demic, don't trust them to keep their paws off your funds if you bank with big banks.

https://www.investmentnews.com/regu...nt-funds-to-avoid-breaching-debt-limit-232942

The bank owns any of your deposits, legally. It's not yours after you give it over. (Start reading at Your Money Becomes the Bank's)

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/too-big-to-fail-banks-can_b_9546472

You now have to register ANY BUSINESS, as long as it's a SMALL BUSINESS including mom and pop businesses (big businesses are exempt) with the Federal Reserve's armed enforcement department every year or face Uncle Sam. Registration doesn't care how your business operates, they only care that you list every one of the people that may get money from your business.

Several Oklahoma business owners dont even keep up their business registration with the state, much less the feds.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joshua...uirements-will-start-in-2024/?sh=4dad676f2382

Just food for the brain...Local banks are best.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its not a conspiracy.

Banks have protocols they have to follow that protect us the customers, account holders and the banks.

I have had large checks held until they clear. I had a check one time that showed a deposit then vanished. I called the bank, they assured me the check was deposited it wont be visible to me until it clears. It was a rather large check, I did not like it but I rolled with it, about 2 weeks later the funds were visible and able to be used,

Recently, same bank since 1979, I had 2 decent sized deposits made, one by check, the other direct.

Direct was available next day, the check I called and spoke to a lady, explained what was going on, she asked me a few questions, I sent her some documents supporting the validity of the check, she authorized the funds to be released next day.

Its all about fraud protection, while annoying and frustrating sadly its needed in this day and age.

I recommend build a good solid business relationship with a bank. I know the loan officers well so getting a mortgage, refi, auto or personal loan is very simple. My business relationship with this bank has been long established.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe deposit half of it and tell them you want the other half back in cash ?
Then turn around and deposit the cash
Surprisingly, banks don't keep much cash on hand.
More than once I've gone in to make a withdrawal of a substantial amount of cash, and they don't have the money available.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always figured that lag time is for the bank to earn interest on your money. Sure, a 2K check from one guy makes little, but multiply that times thousands of customers and interest earned over days adds up. Keep the gig up 24/7/365 and you're constantly getting wealthy without lifting a finger.
I'm honestly not denying what you are saying as I don't have a clue if that is correct or not.
My question is what are they investing in that they can Guarantee a small profit in a week before posting it to someone's account?
Brokerage fees, capital gains, etc. have to be covered with profitable investments. Banks aren't immune unless they have the brokerage, but still have to pay the piper with capitol gains.
What I'm saying is that I want in on that quick money investment opportunity!
I need some intel about how that happens so I can get in on it.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Usually, I deposit the money, then tie it up making interest. They usually have my funds transferred in a matter of minutes.

I once sold a truck that the guy got a bank note on. The bank inspected the truck and handed me the check. I took it to my bank (TFCU) and the teller looked at the check and said she needed to verify it. Okay. she called the other bank and it went something like "Betty, did you just give (name) a check for (amount)? Yes? Okay, thanks. check got deposited and this was on a Saturday, in Seminole.

Latest posts

Top Bottom