New Carry Knife

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a late Christmas present from my Dad. A SOG Flash II. I really like the assited opening and the "low carry" clip. Here are a couple of pictures.

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_IMAGE_262.jpg

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_IMAGE_263.jpg

F16mickey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem with using a folder as a backup.
1. much harder to use in close quarters than a small fixed blade ie. kabar TDI Shivworks clinch pick.
2. Unless flashed to the BG before use it is not a deterrent and generally will not cause a cease in hostilities.
don't get me wrong a folder is better to use than harsh language but in fight acess is a pain!

F16mickey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A knive isn't supposed to be a deterrent
But a knife will also not stop a fight. Most people that have been stabbed will not realize it until after a fight. A simple fist load is generally more effective. Unless you are good enough to get a CNS with a knife you are better off with a roll of quarters in your pocket!

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem with using a folder as a backup.
1. much harder to use in close quarters than a small fixed blade ie. kabar TDI Shivworks clinch pick.
2. Unless flashed to the BG before use it is not a deterrent and generally will not cause a cease in hostilities.
don't get me wrong a folder is better to use than harsh language but in fight acess is a pain!

I usually have my KaBar TDI on my off-hand side in front at about 10-30-11:00 positioned so that if I am guarding my gun in its holster for some reason that if I grab it with my left hand swipes to the underside of the arm or wrists are easy. Blade is on the pinky end of my fist with my left hand, and thumb with my right.

I also carry a folder, but it is for utility purposes as well as a possible backup to the TDI.

Latest posts

Top Bottom