New Colt LW Commander 04840XE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is this TWO 1911s?

Yeah, I'm getting back into them...this new Colt XE .45ACP is a winner. That dual recoil spring assembly works very well. I just finished putting 200 rounds through it and it shoots great. I'm very pleased with the gun. It ran 150 rounds of 230 gr FMJ followed by 50 rounds of JHP and it shot point of aim with zero hiccups. It's very tight; the sights are good, I like the undercut trigger guard, I just like the gun. It weighs like 6 oz less than my all steel Ruger SR 1911 Commander and I couldn't tell much difference in recoil. Don't get me wrong, I'm still loving my Glock 43, also ran 100 rounds through it this morning and that little pistol is also a very nice gun. I'm a happy camper after this mornings range session. Time to go do some pistol cleaning now.

Crusader8207

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took mine to the range yesterday. Out of 400 rounds (Freedom 115, S&B 124, Speer Lawman 124, and 50 Speer Gold Dot 115) I had 3 malfunctions. One stovepipe, and two failure to feed issues. The failure to feed were both bullet set back issues and were the Gold Dots. The 50 Gold Dots were a collection of rounds that I had cycled through as carry ammo and regulated to training ammo since they had been cycled a number of times. The stovepipe was a Freedom Munitions 115 and was in the third magazine through the gun. After getting it home and cleaned, I decided to swap out the sights for the Trijicon HD sights. I have not verified the new sights yet and will do so within the next couple of weeks. (I will not carry the gun until the sights have been verified). Overall I am very happy with the gun. An interesting side note. In addition to shooting the 1911 Lightweight Commander 9mm I shot my HK VP9. I found my accuracy to be about the same with both guns but I was shooting the VP9 a tad quicker and a little smoother. I have the HD sights on the VP9 so once I get back to the range I will conduct the experiment again and see if I get similar results.

Crusader8207

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
200 rounds today with the new Trijicon HDs installed. This is my new favorite gun to carry hands down. The HDs are fast and accurate. Today I ran 100 rounds of Selier & Beloit 124 and 100 rounds of Federal Hydra Shock 147 with zero malfunctions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom