New deer rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With the barrel being cut off like that, you should not shoot it anymore. Go-ahead and send it to me so I can put up for safe keeping. Very, Very nice.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Arisaka action is reputed to be the strongest receiver of all bolt guns. An old gunsmith told me a long story of trying to blow one up at s Colorado gunsmithing school. They blew the barrel off, but the receiver was unharmed.

This is a nice find.

<quote> Hey I just picked up a spanish small ring 98 mauser in 7x57 the gun is a 6/10 as far as looks go. I just wondered if it was ok to shoot it, or should I keep it in the safe?

Get it checked out, but this is a super round. Kicked a$$ in the Spanish American war and was the reason for the development of the 30-06. Suspect availability of hunting ammo is limited. CB

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got one of those old 7.7 Ariskas. First gun I ever bought. Mine was sporterized a bit. Stock was shortened a little and the top handguard removed. They did a decent job on it. It was also one of the early one. Some of those towards the end of the war were a little cheaper made.... The early ones are strong as an ox and yours appears to be one of the good ones. When I was younger and could still see I use to be able to hit coffee cups at around 100 yards with it's Lyman peep sight. They are quite accurate and if you hand load you can squezze a little more accuracy out of them. Nice find.

Latest posts

Top Bottom