New Gun: Glock 17 or 19?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd go with the full size for a range gun. I don't know why you'd want a smaller gun, shorter sight radius and less capacity if that is your intended use.

Jeff Scott

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm leaning more towards the 17 because I don't plan to CC this weapon. Anybody know how much more a 34 would cost over the 17? I've also been thinking about one of those since Redtape mentioned it.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A 34 would be around $60 over a 17. I've had both and shoot the 17 in competition these days. The sight radius on the 34 helps with accuracy, but I like the way the 17 handles better.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm leaning more towards the 17 because I don't plan to CC this weapon. Anybody know how much more a 34 would cost over the 17? I've also been thinking about one of those since Redtape mentioned it.

You won't be disappointed in the 34 for a range gun ... especially if you shoot the 17 or the 19 first and then go to the 34. When I switched from the XD-9 to Glock I started out with the 17, moved up the the 19 and finally wound up with the 34 over the course of about a year or so.

I am the exact opposite of GTG ... I feel like my 34 handles better than the 17 ... you really need to try them all ... "comfortable" shooting is a very very subjective thing.

Have fun!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom