new gun range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunrunner45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went out to Green Country Safe Shooters on Sat and shot for a couple of hours.

My initial impression was good. Its a nice little range. The owner has spent a lot of time and money to build a nice facility. The owner was very friendly and the range was well run and safe without being overly regulated.

Couple of things I didn't care for.

1. No outside targets. You have to buy targets from him & one is NOT included with the cost of the range. Not a huge issue I just wasn't expecting it so I only brought enough cash for the range fee. I had to barrow a couple of bucks from my son to cover the cost of the targets.

2. Its $20 to shoot a rifle, vs $10 for a handgun. With that said his rifle range is very nice. Most of the benches have rifle rest build in and he even has a golf cart you can ride down to check your targets.

My overall impression was its a pretty nice range. Its a short drive for me so I'm sure I will go back to shoot handguns, however I doubt I will shoot my rifle there unless I just needed someplace quick to check the zero on my deer rifle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom