New guy: renting at a range?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm afraid I'm going to end up addicted and feel the need to own *all* of them once I get started!

You sir are about to travel down a dangerous path, once started can never be stopped. Firearms is one of the largest addiction's out there. Good luck an good shooting!!!

P.S. Welcome aboard!!!!

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats on getting into shooting.

I have handled the M&P's, owned and shot Glocks, XD's and 1911's. I much preferr the XD compact 45 over the Glocks and M&P's. But now I have found the 1911's and since then that is just about all I ever carry and shoot.

But shoot and handle what ever you can get your meat hooks on because you will know when you find the right one.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to worry, I intend to try out lots of guns before I buy one. I'm just starting with the XD since that is the one that caught my attention first. The more research I do, the more I find different guns I'd like to try out. I'm afraid I'm going to end up addicted and feel the need to own *all* of them once I get started!

Ain't that the truth. The other thing I was going to say is to not let all the people out there in the world influence you with their biases towards guns and ammo. (The caliber discussions can get pretty heated!) I've rented and shot a lot of different guns --- some were good for me, some weren't. I've bought/sold stuff because it didn't work for me evne though my friends will tell you it's the best thing in the world. Just go out and try it!

Although, personally the best hand guns in the world are the Beretta PX4 in .40SW and the Walther P99 (German built) in .40.

Latest posts

Top Bottom