New Hampshire HB1285...very interesting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
(I just put my glasses on. I can't believe I spelled that as Hew Hampshire. Must get more coffee)

http://www.examiner.com/x-2581-St-Louis-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m1d1-New-Hampshire-proposes-state-soverignty-lawwith-a-twist

This should be interesting to see how things turn out.

A couple of excerpts from it.

This is similar to what some other States have done.
Pre-filed for the 2010 legislative session in New Hampshire, House Bill 1285 (HB1285) seeks to “exempt firearms, firearm accessories, and ammunition manufactured in New Hampshire from federal law and regulation.”

And the real interesting part.
Any official, agent, or employee of the government of the United States, or employee of a corporation providing services to the government of the United States that enforces or attempts to enforce a act, order, law, statute, rule or regulation of the government of the United States upon a personal firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition that is manufactured commercially or privately in New Hampshire and that remains within the State of New Hampshire shall be guilty of a class B felony.

Khest

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find all these interesting, but awaiting when the trials start and they hit the Supreme court. Because you know it will.

Khest

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find all these interesting, but awaiting when the trials start and they hit the Supreme court. Because you know it will.

Khest

Yeah, that's the real issue and the SCOTUS has already ruled on similar issues before and surprise, surprise, they always come down on the side of the federal government. They've already completely p!ssed on the 10th amendment, through misapplication of the Commerce clause. It's all a BS powergrab.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, that's the real issue and the SCOTUS has already ruled on similar issues before and surprise, surprise, they always come down on the side of the federal government. They've already completely p!ssed on the 10th amendment, through misapplication of the Commerce clause. It's all a BS powergrab.

Right on doctorjj.

Latest posts

Top Bottom