New indoor range to open in Norman this coming week.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like supporting local business and fellow OSA'rs if possible, but other than that, what sets them apart from the rest? SGT Everett's has an OSA account, and for a $30 membership I can shoot for $5. Location is just around the corner from Everett's too. So distance isnt a factor, its no closer, price isnt better, its actually more expensive. I am just trying to point something out in their business model that might help generate them more business. I can go to Everett's, join, and go 19 times for what it costs just to join their range. OSA'r or not, I cant justify the cost difference unless the counter girl is stacked like a brick $hith0use and cleans my guns afterwards while letting me drool on the counter.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The owner/operator of the new club PM'd me concerning my negative posts and questioning my interests. He hasnt posted anything on the forums concerning his range, but I did find out from him that members get free transfers, and that non-members are $10. Walkin price is competitive, and if you happen to buy a lot of guns online, it might work out to be a member. Group buys dont seem to be a benefit as a lot of forums offer them anyways, but if a store discount were offered, that might be a benefit. I have no interest in any other range in this city, no memberships to any ranges or club, no family or friends either. I wish him the best, and dont wish to see any business supporting firearms nor the second amendment/ccw fail, the more succesful there are, the more united we stand. I will probably give him a shot instead of Everett's next time I happen to go to a range, I was merely questioning what makes this range better than the others (so far, electric ranges). I personally have shot at Heartland if my wife is shopping at Quail , H&H if its on my lunch hour or after work and I need to vent since its around the corner, Everett's if I coming from the house, or shooting with friends in the area. I have visited none more often than the other, probably 1-2 times a year per range if that. Personally, my transfers are free, and more often than not, I prefer to shoot on private land, so I can enjoy that time teaching my kids to shoot, not dealing with anyone else. I also get the added benefit that if they get bored we can fish, or take the tractor out.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
THIS!!!!!!!!! If I can't find a place like this by God I'll make one.

I would be more than happy to partner up with you on this. I saw your ol lady the other day, cute kid, must have gotten all the looks from her ;). If she isnt supportive, use the baby as leverage. This could fund college.

maximus

Maximus
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stopped by and talked to them about a week ago... Very nice Guys. I already have a Family membership at H&H and Sgt Everetts. Im actually glad that we will have another gun range.. It isnt going to put anyone else out of business.. I will shoot there from time to time as well as support HnH and Everetts. Its in the old Gun Country Building from years ago located on Flood. They will have 6 lanes. I believe they will fulfill a Niche that many people will appreciate... . I wish them luck and will probably stop by and shoot next week.. They were putting a lot of work into... Including a place in the corner where people can sit and have coffee and Shoot the ****. lol..... I think they told me you can shoot rifles too... But im not too sure about that.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stopped by and talked to them about a week ago... Very nice Guys. I already have a Family membership at H&H and Sgt Everetts. Im actually glad that we will have another gun range.. It isnt going to put anyone else out of business.. I will shoot there from time to time as well as support HnH and Everetts. Its in the old Gun Country Building from years ago located on Flood. They will have 6 lanes. I believe they will fulfill a Niche that many people will appreciate... . I wish them luck and will probably stop by and shoot next week.. They were putting a lot of work into... Including a place in the corner where people can sit and have coffee and Shoot the ****. lol..... I think they told me you can shoot rifles too... But im not too sure about that.

Good for you ( dont mean this in a sarcastic way) Unfortunately, I cant afford a family membership anywhere, and would like to see one I could. I hope it does well and he can add more lanes, 6 doesnt seem enough. I like the sounds of the sit and shoot **** area, I always liked that about the old Bob Howard Gun range, although I was only a teenager going with my dad, or his friends, when they were open. I would like to see the owner post up in the thread so he can go into details about the new range, instead of finding out 3rd hand. I know he has seen and read the thread.

Last edited:

BobbyJuice

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
will give it a try, ive been staying away from h&h lately due to the long waits. so been wasting my ammo at sgt everett's. love it there, in and out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom