New Inheritance from the Parents

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YakBasser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just acquired these today. The shakespear was Dad's and the Bear was Mom's. I'm excited to try them out again, they havent been shot for about 30 years. They're leftovers from their "Tulsa Bowhunters Club" days.

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice bows man, they look pristine! I've never shot an old Shakespeare but gear they are pretty nice.

I am going to hunt some wih my '70 Bear K-Hunter this year. Old recurves are fun.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, those are beautiful!!!

What a great inheritance. To have something of your parents that gave them some good times, is really a gift!!

Congrats!!!:hyper:

stillwater

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's awesome! Two weeks ago my father cleaned out the garage and gave me his old archery equipment. Of the two bows he gave me, one is a Bear Kodiak Hunter. The other is a compound that I can't remember the name of.

That Bear seems like a real nice bow!

Anyone on here wanna teach me to shoot one? lol

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stillwater, I got a '70 K-Hunter recently, I love it. Pics of it can be found here.

http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62584

Kodiak Hunters were made from 1967-77. If the first number of the serial number is 7,8 or 9 that means it was made in 1967,68, or 69 respectively. If it starts with a "K" it is a 1970 or later.

If the little coin is flush mounted in the handle it is a '71 or earlier. '72 and later the coin sticks up a little.

Should be able to figure out the year pretty close by that.

Oh yeah, post pics!

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man I love old recurves. My dad sold his Bear Grizzly in a garage sale about 15 years ago for $25. I'd kick him for selling that if he wasn't already kicking himself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom