New Khar P380 SERIOUS DISAPPOINTMENT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tacmedic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I give my wife her anniversary present and we head to 2A to break it in. Damn thing NEVER ran right. It failed to go back into battery over 90% of the time. Multiple stove pipes. Did this with multiple types of factory ammo, mags, and shootiers. Eric was awesome in trying to help diagnose what was wrong. When it did shoot it shot very well, was extremely accurate, had great sights for a pocket gun, and controls (slide lock & mag release) all worked great like a compact or full size.

This is my first Kahr. Read great things about it and all said it needed a 200 round break in, but after 350+, clean lube, and a gunsmith tweeking the extractor its was still a TURD. No way I'd trust my life with it or let someone I love carry it. Will be calling Khar tomorrow and see what they'll do about it.

Last edited:

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your spelling it wrong. Put the letters in the right order and it should run fine................................................just kiddin

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I had a new one with similar issues. Sent it back to Kahr and they got it running 100%. Too bad it took that to make it run but at least they fixed it.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang, sorry to hear about that. I had one for a short time, it ran fine, had no issues with it except I couldn't hit a darn thing with it...or the LCP...or the Sig P238or any other small pocket .380 pistol.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or you could carry it after Kahr fixes it...

This seems to be somewhat of a trend in mass produced pistols now. Replacing Quality Assurance with Customer Service.

CWO 45

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine went back twice. The 2d time they replaced the whole pistol. I immediately sold it with disclosure and "with a clear conscience".

tacmedic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kahr is ScHIT in my book now. I called them and they said send it to them for inspection. I said great send me a shipping label. They said nope you have to pay to ship it to us...WTF your SCHITTY overpriced pocket pistol doesn't run worth a damn. I'm already out for the cost of the crimson trace and holster I bought for it and now I'm supposed to eat the shipping too?! Plus three weeks or so turn around time.

I wouldn't want my wife to carry it for protection now...don't trust it and I won't no matter what they do to it. Hate to sell it to someone else...I have a conscience. What if this was our only gun for self defense (its not) but what if it was...I F'CKING HATE KAHR! Glock for life!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom