New LCR22 Range Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up a new LCR22 a few weeks ago, and couldn't get out and shoot it until today. In the meantime, I had been reading on-line reviews and getting really worried. Seemed like everyone griped about the trigger pull or ejection problems. I had buyer's remorse before making it to the range.

Well, I ran about 100 rounds (Mini-Mag and Federal Lightning) through her today and can't say enough good things! Actually, my Mom, Dad, niece and I took turns and everyone was bummed when the ammo ran out.

I had heard that Mini-Mags caused all kinds of problems with FTF and ejection. I experienced none of that. The only issue I had with FTF was not letting the trigger reset after the first few shots. Once I got a feel for it, I could dump 8 shots in a tin can at 7 yards in no time flat. The brass didn't fall right out of the cylinder, but a firm tap easily ejected all 8 empties.

I also heard horror stories about how heavy the trigger pull was. It is a bit heavier than the .38 LCR, but I still thought it was superb for a DA rimfire revolver. Rapid fire was no problem, and the trigger breaks so cleanly that it's easy to stage for precise shots.

Didn't mean to sound like a Ruger rep, but also didn't want folks to get scared away from a great little pistol just because of some bad press.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They do seem like nice pistols. I tried one a couple of weeks ago at Reddog's and it wasn't for me. Just didn't feel right, perhaps larger than I thought it might be. Thought I really wanted one for mowing/walking property/grabbing the mail for rats, snakes and other critters. The trigger left a lot to be desired. Price was ok, maybe a little high.

Enjoy and thanks for the review!

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like rugers new revolver trigger, how it eases off to a clean-ish break. But I couldn't get use to the grip/awkward recoil, in my hands at least. Thanks for the shared experience man.

Latest posts

Top Bottom