New new York compliant AR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You pull the trigger, it goes bang, if the projectile is predictable and the price is right, I'd buy it. It might not be my first choice, but it's better than a slingshot.

click

And like wimmen, they all look alike in the dark. :)

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think New york and California should get compliant with the 2nd amendment. I think the people of New York and California should grow some stones and toss every single person in political power that is anti 2nd amendment in any way right out the door. But they won't instead they will vote them in and then ***** about the consequences.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The one part of the NY law that I will never understand (not that any of it makes any sense) is the limited capacity mag. Do they think the 1 or 3 seconds that it takes remove and replace the mag would make any difference? This "compliant" rifle shoots the exact same bullet at the same rate as a non-compliant rifle (although it looks like bump-firing may be limited, but I've never heard of an AR-15 with a bump-firing stock being used in a crime.) You would think the lawmakers would look at this and think, gosh, our new laws don't make any sense. But, that would take actual thinking.

ultimase

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think New york and California should get compliant with the 2nd amendment. I think the people of New York and California should grow some stones and toss every single person in political power that is anti 2nd amendment in any way right out the door. But they won't instead they will vote them in and then ***** about the consequences.

I don't think you understand quite what's happening. Look at the voting districts. In both new york and california both are pretty red, and for gun rights.

http://www.ppic.org/content/images/PoliticalGeogFigure-4_web.png

Unfortunately, given the fact that the city centers have such a large population the city centers designate who is currently in power. If you were to look at a map for those who are republican, and or for gun rights you'll see that the majority of the states are red. In short it doesn't matter who they vote for if there is an overwhelming majority in the cities. It has very little to do with "growing some stones."

ultimase

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one part of the NY law that I will never understand (not that any of it makes any sense) is the limited capacity mag. Do they think the 1 or 3 seconds that it takes remove and replace the mag would make any difference? This "compliant" rifle shoots the exact same bullet at the same rate as a non-compliant rifle (although it looks like bump-firing may be limited, but I've never heard of an AR-15 with a bump-firing stock being used in a crime.) You would think the lawmakers would look at this and think, gosh, our new laws don't make any sense. But, that would take actual thinking.

It has very little to do with common sense, most of these people have no clue regarding the laws that they are passing. They are simply trying to make it so difficult to own something legal that most will simply give up rather than possibly becoming a felon on accident.

Greengiant

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

nail on the head

Latest posts

Top Bottom