New OK legislation protects drivers who hit protesters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My parents taught me to not play in the Road. I listened.
But of course that was when common sense was used and not the rare commodity it is today.
4cr1s3_kindlephoto-251818513.jpg

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Something else to think about.
If you are in a protest mob and someone gets killed is that not pretty close to your you and your buddies get together to rob a bank and someone gets killed.
You and your buddies are all getting in trouble for the death of that person.

Maybe if that was implemented less people would pull stupid stunts.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The bill reads you must "first make a reasonable effort to leave" before you "accidentally" make 4-5 reasonably flattened road kill.
The Law always did love that term reasonable. Leaves so much up for interpretation on being reasonable and...stuff.

killerpigeon

Native off the Reservation
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's a whole law study towards the "reasonable person" ideology. It's actually pretty interesting.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Something else to think about.
If you are in a protest mob and someone gets killed is that not pretty close to your you and your buddies get together to rob a bank and someone gets killed.
You and your buddies are all getting in trouble for the death of that person.

Maybe if that was implemented less people would pull stupid stunts.

I 100% agree. I don't see how it's any different?

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If this actually makes it to the floor for debate you can bet BLM will have people all over the place protesting. Even some legislators tow the BLM police brutality line.

From the article: "State Rep. Emily Virgin, the Democratic leader in the Oklahoma House, said she wishes her Republican colleagues would focus on the underlying issues of police brutality and systemic racism instead of seeking ways to punish protesters."

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are surrounded by an angry mob any rational person would feel threatened. In such a situation you by all means should be legally allowed to give at least light throttle and push through the crowd. Injuries/death would be justified and no fault assigned to the driver. In a sensible, logical, sane world anyway.

We don't live in a logical, sane world anymore.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen on social media sites where tons of folks are in absolute disbelief that this is a thing - they are pointing this this legislation as a prime example of racist policies promoting violence and marginalization of minorities.

It just goes to show the complete fracture in methods of thought. There is no reconciliation possible when the underlying philosophy is so absolutely opposite.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen on social media sites where tons of folks are in absolute disbelief that this is a thing - they are pointing this this legislation as a prime example of racist policies promoting violence and marginalization of minorities.

It just goes to show the complete fracture in methods of thought. There is no reconciliation possible when the underlying philosophy is so absolutely opposite.

Man, you nailed it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom